WELLS LAW OFFICE is a consumer protection firm dedicated to providing legal counsel to consumers throughout Ohio, in both state and federal court. Our practice areas include:
- inaccurate credit reporting (FCRA, FACTA),
- identity theft,
- unfair debt collections (FDCPA),
- predatory lending,
- lemon law,
- wrongful repossession,
- fraudulent vehicle sales,
- wrongful denial of insurance benefits,
- personal injury, and general civil litigation.
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW (937) 435-4000 or email us.
With years of legal and business experience and training, coupled with a keen sense of fairness and justice, Amy's dedication to protecting consumers is exercised each day, helping people find prompt resolutions to their legal issues through litigation and informal dispute resolution.
AWARDS & NOTABLE WORK
The Ohio Association for Justice named Amy Wells of WELLS LAW OFFICE, INC. as recipient of the 2012 President's Award. Ms. Wells was honored during Ohio Association for Justice Convention, where she received her award from President Denise Houston at the Association's flagship President's Dinner on May 3, 2012. The dinner was attended by over 400 attorneys and their guests at the Hilton at Easton Town Center in Columbus, Ohio.
Amy received the highest possible Attorney rating (Superb) by Avvo, Inc., which ranks Ohio attorneys according to a variety of criteria, including feedback from clients and peers.
In 2011, Amy was selected to serve on Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine's Advisory Committee. This panel was assembled by the OAG to review Ohio's primary consumer protection law, the Consumer Sales Practices Act (R.C. 1345 et seq.). Amy is the only consumer protection attorney in private practice selected for this committee.
Amy was named by Super Lawyers Magazine as a Rising Star in 2012 and 2013. Only 2.5 percent of the attorneys in the state are selected to the Rising Stars list. Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, is a rating service of attorneys from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a statewide survey of attorneys, independent research evaluation of candidates, and peer reviews by practice area. The Super Lawyers lists are published nationwide in Super Lawyers magazines and in leading city and regional magazines across the country.
Amy graduated from the University of Dayton School of Law joint-degree program, earning a Juris Doctorate and Masters of Business Administration. During law school Amy was a member of the Moot Court Team and Moot Court Board. Amy was Vice President of the UDSL Women's Caucus, and also served as a teaching assistant in the legal research and writing program.
Amy was a summer associate at a Dayton law firm in the litigation section, and also clerked in-house at NCR throughout law school. Amy earned her undergraduate degree in business administration at Ohio University in Athens.
Amy's 2008 article The Price of Identity Theft for Ohio Consumers was published in Ohio Trial Magazine, Volume 18, Issue 1.
In April 2009 her article Protecting Consumers from a "New Breed" of Debt Collector was published in the Dayton Bar Association's Bar Briefs magazine.
In 2011, Amy's article Proposed Deconstruction of Ohio’s UDAP Law, a National Trend? was published in the National Association of Consumer Advocate's publication, The Consumer Advocate, Volume 17, No. 4.
Amy also wrote Ohio's Consumer Protection Law, which was published in the October 2011 issue of the Advisory.
In November 2011"HB 275 - The Undoing of Ohio's Consumer Protection Law" was published itn the Dayton Bar Briefs, Vol. 61, No.3.
Amy is a featured blogger on Neighborhood Housing Services Consumer Law Center Blog
Amy has been invited to speak to attorneys and consumers on a state and national basis regarding consumer advocacy issues and laws. Recent presentations include:
- 2010 National Consumer Law Center Fair Debt Collection Training Conference, Jacksonville, FL, "FDCP Fundamentals: The Care and Feeding of Your FDCP Case."
- CORT Consumer Law Training 2010, Ann Arbor, MI, "Bringing Claims Under the FCRA and FACTA."
- 2010 Ohio Association for Justice Annual Convention, Columbus, OH, "Appraisal Litigation: Critical Evidence in An Inflated Appraisal Case & Eminent Domain: Friend or Foe?"
- 2011 Ohio Association for Justice Insurance Law CLE, Columbus & Dayton, OH, "Protect Thy Consumer, Today's Consumer Law Issues."
- 2011 Ohio Association for Jusitce Annual Convention, Columbus, OH, Moderator for the Consumer Law Continuing Legal Education panel.
- 2012 Ohio Association for Justice Annual Convention, Columbus, OH, "How to Practice Under the New Ohio Consumer Law."
- 2012 American Bankruptcy Law Forum, Dayton, OH, “Consumer Law for Bankruptcy Attorneys”
Ms. Wells has been intereviewed by various media outlets, including the following pieces:
- ALEC Leads the Legal War Against Consumers, A Lawyers.com Series, Posted May 3, 2012 (read article)
- Right-to-cure bill seen powering its way to approval, Business First, Dec. 16, 2011 (read article)
- 2012, Guest on Americas Workforce Radio, topic: consumer credit reporting.
Amy serves on the Board of Trustees of the Ohio Association for Justice, and chaired the Consumer Law Section since 2009. She also serves on the Association's Legislative Committee. Amy is also an active member of the National Association of Consumer Advocates.
Amy currently sits on the board of the Miami Valley Trial Lawyers Association, and serves as the Association's Vice President.
Amy is also a member of the American Association for Justice, Ohio Bar Association, and the Dayton Bar Association, Carl D. Kessler Inn of Court, and serves on the DBA Certified Grievance Committee.
At WELLS LAW OFFICE, our team has proudly provided pro bono services to individuals through the Greater Dayton Volunteer Lawyers Project since 2006. Additionally, we offer pro bono and reduced rate services to low-income senior citizens through Pro Seniors, Inc.
Attorney Wells also regularly hosts and mentors students studying at the University of Dayton School of Law, and the Sinclar Paralegal Studies Program. She also regularly serves a "mock" judge for students at UDSL, as well other programs.
WELLS LAW OFFICE, INC., 7925 Paragon Road, Dayton, OH 45459
(937) 435-4000, extension 4
(937) 435-4004 (facsimile)
Senior Clerk: Mandy Jamison
Legal Assistant: Debbie Birchwell
Email Attorney Wells now